I love the book ‘Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers’ by Helen Garabedian. It has captivated and inspired me in my toddler yoga teaching! There are so many benefits to teaching your toddler yoga (that's a future post!).
Now, if you have a toddler, you know this teaching yoga business probably would be quite the task. This is why I’m sharing with you Helen’s Top Ten Tips for Teaching your Toddler Yoga.
1. Practice yoga routines in a safe and relaxing part of your home.
2. Do the routine that best fits the moment and your child’s needs.
3. Make the whole room the yoga mat.
4. Provide simple directions.
5. Model the poses and actions you desire.
6. Vary your energy to match the energy level of your child.
7. Mirror your child’s words and movement.
8. Encourage and acknowledge creativity.
9. Reward appropriate behavior.
10. Be specific when you praise your child.
There you have it.
Enjoy practicing with your toddler!